A cruise from Point Lookout MD to Smith Island MD
Escape the beltway and other loud crowded areas with a day trip or get-away to Smith Island! Join Capt Alan Tyler for the smoothest and most comfortable cruise across the Chesapeake Bay to Smith Island Maryland. You will cruise in a boat that is specifically designed to produce a smooth ride for the passenger. Enjoy your cruise from a comfortable air conditioned cabin or you can step outside onto the deck, grab a chair and relax. A majority of folks enjoy riding on the top of the boat most as it produces the best views and is very tranquilizing. Our Point Lookout cruise departs from the Point Lookout State Park located in Point Lookout Maryland. Your cruise from the Point Lookout State Park is a scenic cruise which is approximately 1 1/2 hours each way. Generally you will spend approx. 2 1/2 hours on the island. On your cruise you will see the several lighthouses and the Naval Target ship. Once you dock you can step right into the Bayside Inn where you will indulge in the best crab cakes you will ever taste in your life. The Bayside Inn has served generations of Smith Island visitors and has an outstanding reputation for providing the freshest and best family recipes that will leave your taste buds dying for more! After you grab a bite to eat, grab some ice cream and take the kids on a tour of the Island! You can rent bicycles and golf carts as your means of transportation for a very low fee. Around the Island you will step back in time and explore life as it was lived hundreds of years ago on Smith Island. You can shop, visit museums and live like an islander for a day! Smith Island Cruises provides a true family experience, so bring the kids along and you will have memories to share for years!
- Departs Point Lookout State Park at 10:30am for a cruise to Smith Island, MD.
- The cruise is approx. 1 1/2 hours each way and they spend about 2 1/2 hours on the island.
- May 31
- June 1,7 &8
- Daily June 14 through August 24 – Wednesday thru Sunday
- (No Mondays or Tuesdays)
- August 29, 30 & 31
- September 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 & 28
- On days that we have groups individuals are allowed to cruise.
- Call to see when we have groups scheduled in.
- You must identify yourself at the Toll Booth at the Point Lookout State Park as a guest of the Smith Island Cruise
- They will charge you $5.00 per vehicle.
May 25 – 26
June 1 – 2, 8 – 9, 15 – 16, 19 – 23, 26 – 30
July 3 – 7, 10 – 14, 17 – 21, 24 – 28, 31
August 1 – 4, 7 – 11, 14 – 18, 21 – 25, 30 – 31
September 1, 7 – 8, 14 – 15
October 1 – 5, 9 – 12, 16 – 19, 23 – 26